Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Indianapolis Area Helping You Recover Lost Wages and Medical Bills
Seeking help after you have been injured in an accident can feel overwhelming. The legal matters ensuing from your accident can leave your financial and medical situation in disarray. While insurance is in place to assist you, insurance companies can often leave you feeling like just another number or statistic. You deserve to be heard by someone who will treat you as a fellow human and ensure that you receive the proper compensation to cover your bills before they add up.
Before medical bills, lost wages, and property repair costs leave you financially desperate, get in touch with a caring team of experienced personal injury attorneys that can help you formulate a plan to receive the compensation you need to return to your life. The Law Office of Deidra N. Haynes, LLC, is waiting to hear your case and get you back on track for your life. Call 317-982-7396 today to schedule an initial consultation.
What Factors Resulting From Accidents Can A Personal Injury Attorney Assist Me With?
Injuries that result from accidents very rarely go on to affect you merely the day of the accident itself. The consequences of an accident that caused an injury can last for an undeterminable length of time; all the while, issues are mounting that you must deal with.
Some of the problems that can result from an accident are:
- Regardless of severity, recovery from an injury is very rarely free. Visits to the doctor or hospital and the resulting medical treatment can result in expensive medical bills piling up and leaving you unable to recover peacefully.
- The recovery process from moderate to severe injury can often result in lost time at work. Dependent upon your workplace’s system, this missed work may result in lost wages or even disciplinary action.
- Increased premiums and mounting deductibles can result from an accident reported to your insurance company, regardless of who was at fault in the situation.
- Not all injuries will lead to a full recovery. Some accidents may cause permanent damage or the necessity for permanent lifestyle changes that may drastically affect your quality of life or financial solvency.
After the accident, the resulting bills will begin to come in, expecting to be paid. Ensure that you can pay them by speaking with an experienced personal injury attorney regarding your case.
What Are Common Causes for Accidental Injury?
We can represent you in various personal injury cases at The Law Office of Deidra N. Haynes, LLC. From slips and falls to workplace incidents, no matter what has left you with medical bills or lost wages, we can assist in getting you the compensation you need.
Some of the personal injury cases we can handle are:
Slip or Trip and Fall Accidents
- When on someone else’s property or in a commercial business, it is very common to become injured in a slip and fall. In these cases, the owner or manager of the place where you were injured may be liable for damages you’ve incurred.
Defective Product Liability
- Suppose you have used a device properly, and the item fails to perform as intended, causing you physical or financial injury. In that case, you are entitled to compensation to assist you in recovering from your loss.
- You spend a significant amount of time at your place of work. This means that statistically, you’re at least as likely to be injured there as you are outside of it, sometimes maybe even more.
- Indiana has laws for both domestic and wild animal attacks. If you’ve been injured due to either, you may be entitled to compensation for your recovery or financial burdens.
How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Take Before I Receive Compensation?
The time frame for any legal case is difficult to determine. Often, a personal injury case is measured similarly to other legal procedures: not by a specific time frame of days, weeks, or months, but by considering the individual stages of the case. In this respect, it is not likely that you can expect a realistic answer to the question, “how long will my case take?”. However, when you speak to an experienced personal injury attorney, they can assess your situation and possibly answer the question, “how many steps will be involved in my case?”.
Generally, the average time it takes to settle a personal injury case ranges between four and twelve months. Each case is unique, and of course, the length of time that you experience lost wages or further physical or financial hardship and the size of the case itself should be taken into consideration.
Regarding how long it will take to receive the compensation after settling the personal injury case, it can generally be expected in 2-4 weeks, though this can vary.
Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer for My Case?
Every case is different, and the best way to settle whether or not your particular case needs a personal injury attorney is to schedule an appointment for a consultation. In this consultation, our attorney can look over the details of your case and let you know whether or not they believe they could assist you in getting proper compensation. As personal injury lawyers receive their payment as contingency fees, meaning you are charged based on a percentage of the compensation you recover, the lawyer has nothing to gain unless it is clear they can help you.
Schedule your consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers at The Law Office of Deidra N. Haynes, LLC, today at 317-982-7396.